- Born January 18, 1985 in Blacksburg, VA
- Married March 19, 2011 to Elizabeth (Sterr) Crutchley in Philadelphia, PA
- Currently residing in Philadelphia, PA
Auburn High School, Auburn, AL
International Baccalaureate Diploma
- Higher Level Math, English, and History
- Extended Essay: “Asimov’s Three Laws of Robotics as a Viable Ethical System”
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Bioengineering
- Senior Design Project: “Implementing an automated method for electrode placement in Parkinson’s deep brain stimulation surgery.”
- With Charles Li and John Paulett.
- Advisors: Stephen Wong, MD, Shabbar Danish, MD, and Leif Finkel, MD, Ph.D.
- More information at project page.
- Minor in Psychology
University of Pennsylvania Department of Psychiatry
Brain Behavior Laboratory. PI: Bruce I. Turetsky, MD. Lab website.
- Projects included:
University of Pennsylvania Department of Psychology
Computational Memory Lab. PI: Michael J. Kahana, Ph.D. Lab website.
2009-2011: Research Specialist
2011-2014: Research Coordinator/Lab Manager
2014: Research Project Manager
- Projects include:
World Well-Being Project. Project website.
2014-2016: Senior Application Developer (Data Analyst)World Well-Being Project
Qntfy. Company website.
2016-present: Software DeveloperQntfy
I enjoy distance road biking and urban bike-commuting. I completed the Schuylkill Scenic Century (the 67-mile route) in 2010. I also
enjoy doing find it rewarding to do my own bike maintenance.
I am a fan of traditional-style pit barbecue, though I have been known to take a few shortcuts with my own. For a little while I was documenting this project at A Scalawag’s Smoker.Pork shoulder after “The Renowned Mr. Brown” from Smoke & Spice,
July 2011, Outer Banks, NC
My right forearm is featured on page 209 of Science Ink: Tattoos of the Science Obsessed by Carl Zimmer, as well as the blog that the book entries were pulled from. More information at the project page.